I am an experienced and qualified therapist / counsellor / sexual therapist working with individuals and couples in Central London (West End) and Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf). I practise in a psychodynamic framework and use CBT for Sex Therapy. Although most of my work is long-term (six months and more), I often do short-term work.
(e.g. with couples who are separating or getting married, women adjusting to pregnancy and motherhood, men experiencing midlife crises, singles working on commitment issues, cancer support for breast and prostate cancer patients etc)
I generally work with people who are unhappy or confused because they are going through a tough time in their lives. My aim is to help men and women to find their own resources so they can deal with life more effectively. My focus is on developing resilience and on limiting the possible negative impact of life events / changes. I see people from all walks of life but the majority of my clients work in the Financial and Legal Sector.
For me the best outcome of therapy is an improved sense of self and joy of life.
My areas of expertise and interest are:
- Personal and professional identity through transition and change
- Increasing confidence and satisfaction / Defining happiness and wellbeing
- Work-life balance / Managing stress / Meaningful success
- Relationship and communication difficulties / Marital problems/ Affairs / Divorce
- Sexual problems (Difficulties with sexual desire, erection, intercourse (vaginismus), STD, IVF, infertility, sexual compatibility
- Transition from couple to family / Enjoying pregnancy parenthood
- Coaching for women in business
- Coping with breast and prostate cancer
The organizations I am accredited with are:
UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
BACP (British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
BASRT(British Association for Sexual and Relationship Therapy)
TCCR (Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships)
FPCT (The Forum for Psychodynamic Couple Therapists)
BSCPC (British Society of Couple Psychotherapists and Counsellors)